Wednesday, December 30, 2009

October


I went down to the Current River, alone, to get back some badly needed fishing time. That big browns should be on the move sweetened the pot.










Fished from noon till eight, well past dark, and only managed two fish, a brown and a rainbow, both about fifteen inches. The brown took a caddis pupae dead-drifted through a slow run, or a fast pool, whichever way you'd prefer looking at it. The rainbow smashed a #8 wooly bugger as soon as it hit the water. Both were pretty fish, but I was a tad bummed at just catching two. But such is life.

I did miss two- a couple small browns which took whacks at my white streamer. Had one hooked, but it pulled out.

I thought about staying at Eagle’s Park, but didn’t for whatever reason. I think toilets and hot showers played a prominent factor. So I went to Montauk State Park and got a campground, started a fire, and didn’t bother setting up a tent. Instead I slept in my sleeping bag, on top of the picnic table.

No comments:

Post a Comment