Thursday, December 31, 2009

December

I got it in my head to go visit Maramec Springs Park, mostly because it's close, the fish are fairly dumb, I wanted to get some neat pictures, and there's a real chance to get into some hefty smallmouth there in the winter.

No smallmouth, and very few trout. I hooked a few briefly on WD-40's and small size 20 or so parachute Adams, but never was able to bring one to hand.

did catch a bunch of these guys, though, cubby little rock bass 7-10 inches long, that'd rise straight up from the weedbeds and rock crevices and smash those flourescent-tailed wooly buggers I'd tied for stocker rainbows the week before.








And I caught a number of these guys, who'd intercept my dries before they floated over the pod of trout I was working.












And this guy, who's identity I'm not entirely sure of.















And this mangy little bugger, who seemed entirely unconcerned at my presence.















It was okay. Not great, but okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment